Services We Provide
A HURRICANE ENERGY service technician is on call 24/7. From 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, your call will be answered by our helpful office staff. Outside these hours, you will reach one of the friendly people at our answering service who will page the on-call repair expert for you. The on-call technician will return your call promptly.
You know that maintenance is important for your car. If you don’t change your oil, filters, and belts, you risk serious damage to your car’s engine. The manufacturer recommends a schedule of periodic inspections and adjustments to keep your vehicle running smoothly. Failure to perform this maintenance can invalidate your warranty.
SEE OUR CURRENT SPECIALS FOR LIMITED TIME SAVINGS COUPON FOR FURNACE SERVICE!
Whether your call is for emergency or non-emergency repair service, here is what you can expect:
We charge a flat diagnostic fee, which is the fee you pay for a trained and experienced service technician to travel to your home and spend whatever time it takes to diagnose the problem with your heating or cooling equipment.
When the diagnosis is complete, the technician will inform you of the exact cost of the repair. You can then choose to authorize or decline the repair. Your bill will consist of the diagnostic fee plus the cost of the repair, if authorized. If you decide you don’t want to proceed with a repair, you are only charged the diagnostic fee.
We find that our “no-surprises” pricing is the most straightforward approach, preferred by the majority of our clients.
FOLLOW THESE TWO IMPORTANT MAINTENANCE STEPS TO KEEP YOUR EQUIPMENT RUNNING AT PEAK PERFORMANCE.
Just like car makers, HVAC manufacturers warranty their products under the assumption that the recommended maintenance will be done in a timely manner. Neglecting regular maintenance can result in damage to your furnace, boiler, or air conditioner.
Regular preventative maintenance is a smart financial investment:
• Well maintained equipment uses less energy and costs less to run. This means more money in your pocket while doing a good deed for our environment.
• Small problems can be corrected before they become costly big problems.
• Clean, properly adjusted equipment lasts longer.
1. If you have a forced air system, change your air filter at the recommended interval. The air filter prevents dirt from being drawn into your furnace and air conditioner. If the insides of your equipment become dirt-clogged, air flow is restricted. Insufficient air flow stresses major components, which can lead to costly break downs and reduced energy efficiency. Call us if you are not sure which filter type is best for your home, or if you are not sure how often to change your filter. We’ll be glad to assist. To learn more, see our section about furnace air filters.
2. Have your heating and cooling equipment serviced annually.
In our climate, we get extremes of both cold and hot weather, and our heating and cooling equipment works very hard. Yearly maintenance is recommended.
While furnace and boiler maintenance can be performed all year round, air conditioner tune-ups can only be done when outside temperatures are at least 65°F. Many of our customers prefer to have their heating equipment serviced in the fall or winter and their cooling equipment serviced in the summer.
Our tune-up specialists meticulously inspect and clean your equipment, check the operation of controls and electrical connections, make adjustments, and replace certain small parts as needed, at no extra charge.
They run tests to detect any carbon monoxide leaks in the system, and they check for gas leaks in gas furnaces, and refrigerant leaks in air conditioners. Following a comprehensive check list, they cover every inch of your equipment.
When they have completed their work, they review their findings with you. They explain any concerns or recommendations, and answer your questions. Call us at 203-208-4768 to schedule a HURRICANE ENERGY tune-up for an individual furnace, boiler or air conditioner OR to sign up for a substantially discounted service plan.